Sitters will meet the following criteria:
- At least 18 years of age
- CPR/ First Aide Certification
- Reliable form of transportation
- Minimum of one year of experience with children
- Clean background checks
- A degree (or currently attaining a degree) related to children : child development, social work, psychology, nursing). Transcripts will be verified
- All applicants will go through an extensive interview process
- Training/orientation with the owner of PlaySitters Hawaii
- An introductory workshop on the connection of play and its many benefits.
- Most importantly, an innate passion working with children.