PlaySitters Hawaii is owned and operated by Alexandra (Ali) Angheluta. She created PlaySitters Hawaii to provide parents with the security in knowing that their children are being taken care, beyond the physical.
Alexandra began her specialized training in play during her Bachelor’s of Social work program. During this time she was exposed to “Parent-Child Interaction Therapy” and saw just how healing and powerful play could be. She continued on to receive her Master’s in Social Work while completing her internship with the Head Start Program at Parents and Children Together, which lead to full-time employment with their Early Head Start Program (ages 0-3) soon after. During this time she was able to provide individualized attention and education to the child and parent. Completing the one year training at the Play Therapy Center of Hawaii was the catalyst that ignited Ali’s passion for play and the creation of a program that focuses on PlaySitting.
Through PlaySitters Hawaii, Alexandra has been able to provide enriching experiences that focus on the educational and therapeutic value of play to Oahu families since 2012.
Alexandra’s Qualifications at a Glance
- Hawaii Careers with Young Children: CANOES Registry: Teacher/Caregiver
- Bachelors of Social Work
- Masters of Social Work
- Licensed Social Worker in Hawaii
- One Year Training with the Play Therapy Center of Hawaii
- First Aid/ CPR certification
- Experience with special needs children
- Teaching English as a second language certification
- Years of PlaySitting experience with children ranging from one month to 9 years of age!